Re: [[gtkmm] DLL support for MSVC/Borland]

Cedric Gustin wrote:

> At 02:36 PM 9/4/2002 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> >"Andrew E. Makeev" <andrew solvo ru> wrote:
> > > Good day,
> > >
> > > There is a problem.
> > > Could you explain, please, how to build DLLs properly from sources using
> > > MSVC or Borland compilers?
> > >
> > > There is not enough <XXX>MM_API declarations in built sources to allow
> > > compiler to create working DLLs.
> >
> >Are there any?
>
> Forget about MSVC. It does not support partial template specialization,
> which is required by libsigc++.
> I don't have any experience with Borland C++, so I can't really help you
> with this compiler.
>
> If you really want to use MSVC, you're basically on your own (although I
> think a bunch of other people tried and/or failed to compile/ libsigc++ and
> gtkmm with MSVC 6 and .Net : look in recent posts)

Well, I could say that Borland couldn't support all templates as well, and we
have met some other troubles with ERROR IDs (iconv.h), etc.

Unfortunatelly, my friends just patched sources locally to let compiler
complete the task, instead of sending useful patches to you :-/.

Last problem now - to build DLLs itself, cuz w/o export defines MSVC/Borland
won't collect information from object files to DLL.

Well, thank for you suggestion, we were thinking about switching to GCC too.
There was just a little hope someone is going to add <XXX>MM_API defines across
all MM-code.

We are using Borland here, so, if anyone really would to know what changes we
made to let it to build sources, I will try to force our team to get latest CVS
and then restore patches they've applied. (There were fixes in GTK+ as well,
because new GTKMM requires lates GTK+).

Regards,
-andrew