Re: [gtkmm] Announce: the compose library, v. 1.0

Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> writes:
> any chance of changing it to:
>
>     std::string s;
>     s = ....
>
> ? i really would like to use this in many C++ programs, but making it
> link against glibmm isn't my idea of a good time.

Yes, it's already there in the compose.hpp header. :-)

Actually, I started with std::string only since Glib::ustring and
std::string should be more or less compatible. But it turned out not
to work properly anyway since the stringstream I'm using converts the
ustring from UTF-8 to the encoding of the current locale. So there are
both a compose.hpp for ordinary strings and a ucompose.hpp for
Glib::ustrings.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/