[gtkmm] Request for FileSelection::get_history_pulldown()

I need to hide the history pull down in my file selector dialog.
Currently it is easy to hide the file or dir list because these two
functions exist:
Gtk::FileSelection::get_dir_list()
Gtk::FileSelection::get_file_list()

and they can be used like:

dialog.get_dir_list()->get_parent()->hide();

Though it may be pretty uncommon, I doubt that I will be the only one
who ever wants to hide the history pulldown.

Of course, I can do this without any additional functions, probably by
grabbing the underlying gtk object, and then using a gtk function on it,
but ideally it would be nice if I could just do:
dialog.get_history_pulldown()->get_parent()->hide();

Is it possible to add these two functions to Gtk::FileSelection to
gtkmm-2.2?

OptionMenu* get_history_pulldown();
const OptionMenu* get_history_pulldown() const;

Mark