RE: [gtkmm] gtkmm- Version 1.2.10 Question

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 11:34, Ann-Marie Evans wrote:
> Ooh good question.  By stable, I guess I mean something that has the
> functionality I am looking for (threads) that won't blow up on me.
> When looking into gtkmm2 and gnomemm2, the word unstable was used.
> Since I am new to all this it left me concerned.  As you know, in the
> Microsoft world, the word unstable suggests disaster.

In this context "unstable" refers to the API, not the implementation. It
means that the API (interface) might change.

Unlike libraries, applications don't normally have APIs, so "unstable"
in the context of applications generally means that it's likely to
crash.

murrayc usa net