Re: gtk_file_chooser_set_filter does not work as advertised

Hi,

thanks for the response, this prompted more investigative ideas and i
discovered my problem.

the problem was that i had also used the call
gtk_file_chooser_set_filename(), though only specifiying a directory.  it
seems that when calling this, calls to gtk_file_chooser_set_filter() are
ignored.

because when i changed gtk_file_chooser_set_filename() to
gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder() (more appropriate for my purposes),
everything works fine.

thanks for the followup, that's exactly what i needed to get me to the
solution.

cheers,

richard