Re: Label and wrap text (Preben Randhol)

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 10:37:54AM +0200, David Necas (Yeti) wrote:

This doesn't help -- in fact, it doesn't even seem to do
what it should do, I get ragged right text like with
GTK_JUSTIFY_LEFT (GTK_JUSTIFY_RIGHT works, though).

A simple test case is atached to this mail.  The question is
how to make the long text fill window width like the
progress bar does.  An ugly workaround is to compute the
right width manually from other widgets and use
gtk_widget_set_size_request().

Yes, I have come to same conclusions more or less  :-(  I'll have to
experiment a bit I think.

You could perhaps substitue a text_view, set non-editable. That control does adjust the text to fill the space available.

Irv

Preben