running win32 gtk apps under wine

I have a cross-compiling environment that I used to produce gtk win32
binaries.  It would be nice to test them with wine.  GTK apps run fine
under wine, except that the text appears black on black, making the app
unusable.  This is with the WIMP theme, although I think the default
theme is affected too.  This is definitely a wine problem, I think, that
causes GTK to pick up the wrong colors from the system.  Does anyone
know a workaround?

Michael

--
Michael Torrie <torriem chem byu edu>