lockups in win32

Hey, I'm developing an app in for windows using python and PyGTK, and it sometimes locks up, and the locks up the entire windows xp interfrace.  I'm pretty certain that the main bug is in my code, not GTK, but I'm trying to figure out what could cause the entire xp interface to lock up.   Specifically the app freezes, and then you can click around xp for a bit, but it quickly freezes too (for some reason, trying to access the find entry on the start menu always makes it freeze instantly).  What does this signify?  Is an error in the gtk main loop supposed to be able to cause this, or this a bug in gtk/pygtk in addition to my own bugs?

Greg