Re: Movinf the mouse pointer

Hello,

riboaz xs4all nl wrote:

hi,

i do much the same thing in my application when i am zooming in on
seismological waveforms, mouse-down drag-right = zoom in, mouse-down
drag-left = zoom out.

in order to determine whether or not to zoom in or out, on mouse-down i
save the coordinates of the current mouse position, and then on the drag
event compare the new mouse position with the original (saved) mouse-down
position.  if new  > original then zoom in, else zoom out.  once the drag
event is processed, i reset the original position with the new position
(thus, allowing the user to change directions without having to either: 1)
restart the mouse event, or 2) get back to the original position.  how
this is relevant for you would be app-specific).

if you want to restore the original starting position, simply save the
mouse position on mouse-down and then restore these saved coordinates on
mouse-up.
Please, could you show me the code you used to set the position of the mouse cursor?

Luca

hope this helps,

richard boaz

Hello all,

I have implemented a way to rotate the view around a point in my 3D
application, by using the mouse pointer: in
fact when the left mouse button is hold down and the mouse is moved, the
view rotates around. When this process
is going on, the mouse is hidden (i.e. its shape is an empty image).
My problem is that I would like to reset the mouse pointer position
after each delta movement has been detected: in this
way the mouse pointer is always placed in the original position it was
when the mouse button was pressed. I do not know
how to do it, any help?

TIA
Luca