Re: Eclipse cannot find GTK+ libraries

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 19:24 +0000, polat ee bilkent edu tr wrote:
> Rpm of Gtk+2.0 requested too many other packages, so I compiled
> all of them.

You said you were using FC3 ... if you did a standard workstation
install, you'll already have everything needed. If not, you need to
install gtk2-devel and it's dependencies.

> After I have installed "gtk+-devel-1.2.10-33.i386.rpm", pkg-config gtk+ --cflags returned:
> -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
>
> pkg-config gtk+ -- libs returned nothing, but pkg-config --libs gtk+ returned:
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lglib

You want gtk+-2.0 not gtk+.

I really would not suggest manually adding include paths and libraries
to a Managed Make project; it's possible to get work, but it's painful
and you are encoding many internal details of GTK+ into your project.

> I've also tried Standard Make project, but it could not build the project. I guess there is a
> problem about the makefile. (I haven't written an makefiles before.)

Up to typos or stupid mistakes, the one in my last mail should work
fine. (It's untested, but basically right)

Regards,
						Owen