Re: Displaying an HTML page with GTK

Hi Tor,

> In case you mean the "gtkhtml" module in GNOME CVS, the HEAD branch of
> it (version 3.something) does work on Windows. It (or mainly its
> dependencies, gtkhtml itself didn't contain much stuff that needed
> porting) has been ported as part of the Evolution porting effort.
>
> gtkhtml's dependencies are things like libgnomeui, libbonoboui, and
> ORBit2 which also have been ported to Windows.
>
> All this work has been done in the HEAD branches, and some details
> might not yet even be committed to CVS. There definitely aren't any
> ready-to-use packages with prebuilt binaries available.
>
> If you mean the "gtkhtml2" module, it might work to some extent on
> Windows already. This is what GIMP's built-in help browser uses, and
> some people have been working on using the built-in help browser on
> Windows, too (instead of a web browser), with some success. But again,
> you will probably have to build gtkhtml2 yourself.

Ok, thanks for the information. I didn't know it was ported in the last
few months. When I tried to make a portable application with gtkhtml#
two months ago, I had to revert the changes to use gecko# because I
needed a portable way to render html and make some highlighting (bonobo
dependencies).

Do you know if gtksourceview also works in Windows?

Regards,
 Alejandro