Gtk: cannot run test program while cross compiling ??

Hi,
  I am facing problems during compilation of glib.

  i have downloaded latest glib 2.6.4 from genome.org

  I am compiling for arm. i have set glib_cv_stack_grows=no in my cache file.

  $ cat arm.cache
  glib_cv_stack_grows=no

  I dont know, about other variables, what to set, so, i left
unchanged. i am using an ARM Process as target.

what i want to ask is whether any other variables need to be set for arm.

 i have set this glib_cv_stack_grows because, i was getting an error
while configuring.
 no, after setting this in arm.cache. i am getting a different error.

i am getting an error

checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for dlsym in -ldl... yes
checking for RTLD_GLOBAL brokenness... no
checking for preceeding underscore in symbols... configure: error:
cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.

i am appending some part config.log file.

What could be the problem ?

Please Advice.

/J

checking for dlopen... no
checking for NSLinkModule... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for dlsym in -ldl... yes
checking for RTLD_GLOBAL brokenness... no
checking for preceeding underscore in symbols... configure: error:
cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.

// last few lines of config.log

#define HAVE_UNSETENV 1
#define HAVE_VALUES_H 1
#define HAVE_VASPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_VASPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_VPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_VSNPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_WCHAR_T 1
#define HAVE_WINT_T 1
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=glib";
#define PACKAGE_NAME "glib"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "glib 2.6.4"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "glib"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "2.6.4"
#define REALLOC_0_WORKS 1
#define SANE_MALLOC_PROTOS 1
#define SIZEOF_CHAR 1
#define SIZEOF_INT 4
#define SIZEOF_LONG 4
#define SIZEOF_LONG_LONG 8
#define SIZEOF_SHORT 2
#define SIZEOF_SIZE_T 4
#define SIZEOF_VOID_P 4
#define SIZEOF___INT64 0
#define STDC_HEADERS 1
#define STDC_HEADERS 1
#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64
#endif
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;

configure: exit 1
"config.log" [readonly] 4874L, 151760C