A callback to destroy the application

OS: MSW-XP
GTK+: 2.6.X

Hi!
I have implemented all the callbacks without much problem. However,

terminating the application using the 'top-right' window button, the

application stopts but it is still running in the background.
I have written this callbacks to handle this problem, but to no avail:

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(TopWidget), "delete-event",
                   GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(SystemQuit), NULL);

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(TopWidget), "destroy",
                   GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(SystemQuit), NULL);

Is it because I am using MSW and it sends a different event than UNIX,

or is it because I have written the callbacks wrongly?

Thanks