file save dialog

Hi,
I've got some problems with the GTK2 save file dialog. I have been using both GTK1 and GTK2 through wxPython and noticed, that the GTK2 dialog doesn't do automatic extension completion if a wildcard is set. This was really useful with GTK1. Furthermore, TAB and RETURN don't do anything after haveing entered a filename. Under some circumstances which I still haven't found out yet, when clicking 'save' the directory is changed to some subfolder if there is one. Is this a known issue? I'm using gtk-2.4.9

Regards, Christian

ps: just checked: gimp exactly behaves the same, so this is no wxPython issue