changing font size for an entire application

I am writing an application where the UI is designed by glade, then libglademm and gtkmm are used
with the XML file.

When I design the UI on the screen it is totally different than when it is run. The application font size is
huge making the dialogs and all associated UI controls expand to a much larger size than designed.

How can I change the font size used by the application and all controls?

Thanks

Bob