Re: GTK+ and (perl or python)?

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 19:01 -0800, Ben Johnson wrote:
> Hey.

> I'm thinking about using python instead though because I hear adding
> callbacks in C to python handler code is relatively simple.  (it's about
> time I learned python anyway.)  I don't know if a python state is
> maintained for all callbacks though, which would be important.
>
> Advice?  Are there good materials I can read about handling GTK+ (C
> generated) callbacks with scripting languages?  Anyone have experience?

http://www.pygtk.org for the python/gtk+ part. You can also jump to
#pygtk on irc.gimp.org.
Planner has some Python integration that enables interaction between C
and Python codes.
I didn't clearly understood what you want to do, but those are starting
points.

Regards,
Xavier Ordoquy.

--
"Complexity has nothing to do with intelligence.
 Simplicity does."