Problem with g_signal_connect under Windows

Hello!

I am working on a little program that should run under Linux and
Windows. Under Linux everything is working fine, but I get a strange
error under Windows XP SP2:

gmem.c:174: Failed to allocate 16 bytes
aborting

I found out that this error came from a call to g_signal_connect ().

A possible workarounds seems to activate the compatibility mode. As long
as I set it to Windows 95 or 98/ME. Windows 2000 and NT also produce
this error. So I might have something to do with the nt series.

Has anyone an idea about a solution for that?

Bye,
Sebastian