Re: Problems Compiling GLIB on Solaris

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 09:03:59AM -0500, Bluhm, Clayton wrote:
> I have tried to compile glib 2.4.6 and glib-2.6.2 on Solaris 8 (and
> Solaris 9) with no luck.  I can make it through the make,
>  but not the make install.  The make install dies with the following (on
> both 2.4.6 and 2.6.2):
>
>  mv -f ".libs/libgobject-2.0.expT" ".libs/libgobject-2.0.exp"
>  mv: cannot access libgobject-2.0.so.0.600.2
>  libtool: install: error: relink 'libgobject-2.0.la' with the above
> command before installing it
>
> This is what happens when I try to compile 2.6.2.  Any thoughts on how
> to get around this or what is going on.
> Just in case you need to know... I am installing this by being a normal
> user and running:
> ./configure
>  gmake
>
> Then becoming superuser and running:
>
>  gmake install

Is the directory where you have compiled glib on an NFS share ? In
that case, the local superuser will probably be mapped to user nobody
in the NFS server and will not have write access to the directory
where glib was compiled. Try building in a directory on the local
machine instead (/var/tmp for example).

--
Daniel Nilsson