Re: failed in listen(): Invalid argument

Le mardi 01 f�ier 2005 �9:22 +0100, G�r Farkas a �it :
> hi,
>
> after i upgraded to gtk-2.6.x (2.6.1), i'm getting this message when
> using gtk programs:
>
> failed in listen(): Invalid argument.
>
> gentoo linux here.
>
> gthumb and eclipse for example are doing this.
>
> i tried to recompile gthumb (with gtk-2.6), didn't help.
>
> for gthumb it's a just a message,
> but in the case of eclipse,
> after some time eclipse says that
> "fail to create socket: Too many open files".
>
> and i have to stop/kill eclipse, because he won't work anymore.
>
> coincidentally, my openoffice install that is the ximian-style
> openoffice (using the gtk file chooser and so on),
> also stopped working with gtk-2.6.
>
> for eclipse, my solution was to compile a gtk-2.4.* into a local
> directory, and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to tell eclipse to use that gtk. this
> fixed the problem.
>

> any ideas about what am i doing wrong? or should i create a bugreport?
> does this seem to be a gtk bug or a gentoo bug?
>
> gabor

I have also gentoo linux on two machines, one is an x86 and the other an
amd64. gthumb works perfectly on both without any warnings.
Eclipse is not installed.
About openoffice-ximian, I have the same problem on the x86. xoo* crash
when I try to open a file chooser, either for the Load or the Save as
command. This is worth a bug report. If you don't file it, I'll do. (OOo
does not compile on amd64).