Re: Need a comprehensive C++ library

hi francisco,

yeah, I guess the licencing issue is preventing commercial adoption.
Look into gtkmm, I think it'll give you everythig you need and I
happen to know there is a utf8 std::string implementation in there you
can use, I personaly prefer the C api to the C++ api, even when
developing C++ applications, dont know why, I Think ithas something to
do with the last time I looked at it, it was behind the c api in terms
of functionality and was complicated to install, had to get all these
dependencies which I could never get to work on my system, or were not
available (I wont install source packages on a system which uses
package management, it's just not _sane_ or _safe_)

so yeah, gtkmm, it's where you wanna go.