Re: No iconv() implementation found in C library or libiconv

On, Tue Apr 19, 2005, Xu Qiang wrote:

> Marcus wrote:
> > On, Tue Apr 19, 2005, Xu Qiang wrote:
> >> However, when I run the script as:
> >> ./configure --with-libiconv=gnu CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
> >> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -lintl
> >>
> >> It told me:
> >> configure: error: unrecognized option: -lintl
> >
> > You are missing a " at the end of LDFLAGS=...
>
> Oh, this is a typo in the mail, in the command line of FreeBSD, what I typed is:
> ./configure --with-libiconv=gnu CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" -lintl
>
> Can you help me?

Now you made it worse than it was before ;-). It must be
    LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -lintl"

LDFLAGS is for linking the libraries and binaries. Glib needs the intl
library (libintl.so.X in /usr/local/lib), thus you should add -lintl to
the LDFLAGS. That's exactly what the line above does.

Regards
Marcus