Re: Mapping of Windows APIs to GTK APIs ?

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 23:43, Dipak G Patil wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Linux environment.
>
> I am porting a application from Windows To Linux using GTK.
> For that I would need to map Windows APIs to GTK APIs.
> Could you please tell me, where would I find such mapping of Windows
> APIs to GTK APIs ?
> Or any such resemblance of Windows APIs in GTK,  so that I can replace
> Windows APIs with GTK's APIs (which may not have one to one mapping).
>
> Otherwise could you please refer any useful links ?

What is this windows API that you speak of?  Are you apps using straight
C win32 api calls, or are your using C++ and MFC?  Either way, GTK is a
different, cleaner, and better paradigm.  It does not map well to either
win32 or MFC.  As the other reply stated, you'll probably want to try
redoing it with GTK from scratch.

If you are using MFC, there is a library (based on GTK on linux) that
allows you to build guis that can compile under windows, linux, and
macos, and look pretty native on each platform.  It is called wxWidgets
(http://www.wxwidgets.org) and is similar to MFC, but cross-platform.

If you

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,