Re: GUI building questions

Hi again,

Chris W wrote:
John Cupitt wrote:

I'd put the buttons into a GtkTable for layout. You can set a cell horizontal and vertical padding which you should be able to adjust to get the spacing you want.

You may have noticed that one of the buttons takes up two rows. I don't see anyway to allow that with a table.

When you add a widget to a table you can set left/right/top/bottom attachments, so a widget can span several cells.

You can set colours/fonts/etc from C with some style fiddling, but it's honestly easier to use a gtkrc file.
You'll need something to find and load the bitmaps for your buttons ... all you do is put a private style file in the same directory and call gtk_rc_add_default_file() to get gtk to draw your application using that set of styles. If you don't want people to change it, just don't tell them the file is there :)

John