Re: GtkComboBoxEntry alignment

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 03:29, Ian King [ES] wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I did try this but there seems to be no way to set the internal field
> used for text rendering to my new text renderer.  This needs to be set
> otherwise you get error messages printed to the console.  I couldn't
> find a way of using my own cell renderer, it seems to be a limitation
> that I cannot access directly the one used by GtkComboBoxEntry.  Now I
> could build my own widget from a GtkComboBox but that would defeat the
> point of having the GtkComboBoxEntry, it seems the API needs a
> gtk_combo_box_entry_get_text_renderer() to access the private field.
>
> Thanks for your response

Hmm, the api could use a bit of improvement. But you should be able
to get it to work by first doing a set_text_column() (which sets the
private text_column field you mention), then clear_layout() to wipe
out the text renderer, then pack_start() your own cell renderer for
rendering the text column...

Matthias