Re: GLIB not being found

At Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 12:34:08AM -0400, WC Jones wrote:
> I am at a loss as to why this error shows up - especially since I have
> glib-2.2.3 installed.
>

> Platform is Solaris 5.9; the config.log (pango) is attached.  What is a little
> confusing is that ATK configured && make && make install without error.
>
> Any ideas of how I can resolve this issue?
>
> Thx/Sx
>

> checking for fontconfig >= 1.0.1... sh: gnome-config: not found
> sh: gnome-config: not found
> Package fontconfig was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fontconfig.pc'
> No package 'fontconfig' found
> configure: WARNING: No fontconfig found, skipping tests for FreeType and Xft
> checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.1.3... no
> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.
> configure: error:
> *** Glib 2.1.3 or better is required. The latest version of
> *** Glib is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

This isn't the real config.log; it's the output of configure. configure
should have produced the config.log in the same directory, and near the
end, it should contain the exact program, compiler command, and error
messages involved.

However, given that it's picking up /usr/bin/pkg-config, the most likely
culprit is that GLib is installed under /usr/local or whatever you
passed as --prefix to its configure script. Thus, it may help to run as:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure

Modify as appropriate for your environment. If you haven't seen it, the
full install guide may also be handy:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-building.html

HTH.

--
Chad Daelhousen
My opinions are my own, until UB purchases my soul.