Re: style modifications for GtkEntry and GtkScrolledWindow

Hello,
I've found the origin of the additional frame: it belongs to the
GtkViewport that was created by gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport().
I could remove it with gtk_viewport_set_shadow_type().
But I'm still wondering what is the "official" way to change the style of
a scrolled window and its scrollbars. Directly accessing
scrolledWindow->hscrollbar and scrolledWindow->vscrollbar works for me,
but I think this is illegal since these are not public fields of
GtkScrolledWindow. So how should it be done correctly?

Nobody has an idea how to change the cursor color in GtkEntry?

Regards...Peter

> Hello,
> I want to modify the style of some widgets with gtk_widget_modify_style().
> This works well most of the time, but I have 2 little problems:
> 1) The cursor in a GtkEntry is always drawn black. This doesn't match to
>    the color scheme we would like to use. How can I change the cursor
>    color?
> 2) I changed the style of a GtkScrolledWindow and the styles of its
>    internal children hscrollbar and vscrollbar. I added my child which
>    shall be scrolled with gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() and
>    changed its style too. After these style changes I still have a gray
>    colored frame around my child widget which I would like to match to the
>    new background color. How can I change the color of that frame?
>
> When I use gtk_scrolled_window_set_shadow_type() a second frame (with the
> correct colors) around the gray one will be added, which doesn't make
> much sense to me. I expected that there should be only one frame which
> can then be modified with gtk_scrolled_window_set_shadow_type(). The API
> docs also say, that the frame around the child is only optionally drawn.
> So am I right that this is a bug in GtkScrolledWindow and that the gray
> frame shouldn't be there at all?
> I'm using gtk+ 2.2.2 on linux.
Peter Krüger

applied software solutions (appss) GmbH
Sandtorstr. 23
D-39106 Magdeburg
Germany

Phone:  +49-(0)391-54486-19388
Fax:    +49-(0)391-54486-19222
email:  krueger appss de

Managing Director: Uwe Hess, Dietmar Schäfer
Register: HRB12386, AG Mageburg

"Virtual business becomes reality!"

e-mail is strictly forbidden.