Re: Glib 2.0

Hi,

Marte il guerriero <martethewarrior82 libero it> writes:

> I installed Glib 2.2.3 (I downloaded if from here :
> ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.2/glib-2.2.3.tar.gz) and everything was
> ok, without any problem.
> I installed Glib 2.2.3 with these commands:
> 1) ./configure
> 2) make
> 3) make install
>
> The problem is that when I try to install any applications that
> requires Glib my computer doesn't see the Glib as installed.
>
> I want to add this:
> when I type
> glib-config --version glib
> it doesn't return 2.x as version but 1.x as version.

glib-2.0 doesn't come with a glib-config file. This is intentional
since glib and glib2 are different libraries that are not compatible.
So you simply cannot update glib-1.2 to glib-2.0. You can however
install both libraries in parallel and as soon as all applications
have been ported to use glib2, you may deinstall the old version.

For information on how to compile applications against glib2, see

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-compiling.html

What is said there, applies to glib2 with minor modifications.

Sven