Re: Redirect C's printf

Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Joao Rainha wrote:

I have some functions working in C.
I'de liked to make a GUI for it.
It's possible to redirect all the printf's that I have in my code for a
specific text widget?
Or I have to rewrite them using gtk_text_insert?

Fork your program and use pipes.

(but using gtk_text_insert is perhaps easier)

Indeed, using a series of `#define printf`s might show a little
easier. Everyone being through with `unix II` programming lectures
should however be able to use a combination of dup/pipe constructs,
and seperating the gui from the worker in different process contexts,
well, that's might be better anyway - but again, it requires a good
deal of knowledge on unix process managment and child signaling..., so
it'd be about going to the heart of unix but if this project shall run
non-unix platforms as well (which gtk can do), then... ;-)

cheers, guido