Re: AW: Q: How to disable shadow text for insensitive widgets?

On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:06:14 +0100, "Kuth, Joachim Dr." said:

> I am not interested in religious wars about the best UI style.
> *Please* accept that *I* want to disable shadow for *my* application,
> and users will complain to *me* if they do not like the UI - but this will
> again be *my* problem - not yours.
> So *please* stop proselytising me.

I wasn't proselytising.  I'm just tired of coming across apps that do stupid
things in their UI because their creator had little to no knowledge of why
most UIs have certain features...

> If you really want to know the reason for disabling shadows:
> IMHO, a widget can be insensitive for more than one reason.
> But there is only one insensitive state, so I have
> to do the markup myself (e.g. by color) if I want to show the reason to the
> user.

See?  That's different..   Any of you others on the list have a good idea for
Joachim on "how to indicate different insensitive states" (which is different
from *disabling* the indication - you are looking to give the user MORE
feedback, not less....)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer