Re: Space and widget suitability problem

> Hm, can't quite figure out what you're trying to do.  I can get the
> horiz range widgets down to a few pixels wide.  Are you using glade to
> lay out your windows?

I'm just using boxes. My scale widgets won't get any narrower than the
size of the thumbwheel.

> Do you plan to display audio waveforms?  I'm working on a timeline
> editor for video editing software and would like to display the
> waveforms for the audio tracks.  I'm hoping something out there already
> exists so I don't have to recreate the wheel.

Sorry. The closest I'll get to audio waveforms at this stage are
oscillator envelopes. I will integrate a sampler I have lying into the
software, and a handy sample editor would have to go with that.

That video editing software sounds interesting. I do some editing of full
PAL (768x576) videos. I have many times considered to make a video editor
with support for typical broadcast effects like picture-in-picture,
rotation, scaling, scrolling text, and generation and processing of
interlaced content. I know a whole lot about TV standards and
video as well as audio processing techniques. Exciting!
--
Thor