Re: problems with GTK code on Redhat 7.3

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 08:30 am, Gergely Pongracz wrote:
> Hi!
>

> We had a segmentation fault when we used a GTK based GUI on a PC
> running Redhat 7.3. The code worked perfectly under Redhat 7.0,
> Debian 2.2 and 3.0.
>
> Does anybody have any clue related to this bug?
> Thanks in advance,

Comile the code with the "-g" switch and run it with gdb.  That will tell you
what is crashing, it's probably your code.

I am not certain if RH 7.3 uses it, but I know that recently GCC went through
an upgrade which no longer zeros memory, and that might be the source of your
problem.