Re: Gdk-ERROR request_code

Matthias Clasen <Matthias Clasen poet de> writes:

> > o Is there anywhere (outside the source tree) where "request_code 142"
> >   and "minor_code 3" are defined?  My understanding is that these are
>  >  internal Gdk, *not* Xlib, codes.  I couldn't find anyting in the
>  >  Gtk, Gdk, or X11 include directories.
>
> These are indeed X protocol request codes.

o Thanks for clarifying this.  I got the misinformation from an old
  mailing list message.

> 142 looks like an X extension
> request, so xdpyinfo -ext ALL should tell you which extension it is, then
> you need the extension docs (I the extension *is* documented somewhere)

o That was the secret.  Doing `xdpyinfo -ext all` (lowercase "all")
  gives:

    MIT-SHM version 1.1 opcode: 142, base event: 77, base error: 154
      shared pixmaps: yes, format: 2

> to figure out what the minor means...

o Looking in /usr/include/X11/extensions/XShm.h shows:

    #define X_ShmPutImage                   3

o This matches what I found during a long regression testing session
  (good thing there's RCS) after posting my message.  I get the crash
  when I use a Gdk Image of type GDK_IMAGE_SHARED instead of
  GDK_IMAGE_NORMAL.  I'm going to post details in a separate message.

o Thanks again for the info.  If I had known, it would have led me
  directly to the bug.

--
MARK
markrubn pacbell net