Statically linked GTK app

Raymond Wan writes:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > 	I'm having a problem creating a statically linked GTK application
 > and I was hoping someone could help me.  I've read the gtk-list archive
 > and there were quite a few messages about it, but I'm now stuck on
 > something else.
 >
 > 	I would like everything linked in (not just GTK), so I've added

Hi,

I use:

./confgiure [blah blah] --with-included-loaders=xpm,png,gif,jpeg

to link the image loaders in the library so no runtime .so are
needed. (BTW.: same thing for pango: --with-included-modules=yes).

The problem with the atk configure is that you must explicitly say
--enable-shared and --enable-static, so both are generated for
atk. (perhaps this should be regarded like a tiny bug)

Otherwise you should pay attention to -Wl,export-dynamic when doing
your executable otherwise .so dont' find the symbols they need.

Hope this helps, I'm not an expert. Anyway upgrade to gtk 1.3.10 ASAP ;-).

Bye!