Re: GtkFrame adaption again

> assuming that I understood you correctly, you can achieve what you
> describe w/o fiddling around in GTK+ internals by putting a standard
> GtkFrame inside a GtkAlignment:
>
>   GtkWidget *align = gtk_alignment_new (0.5, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0);
>   GtkWidget *frame = gtk_frame_new (NULL);
>
>   gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (align), frame);

I thought about the problems I have with this implementation:

I am using a drawing area as child widget (of the frame which is a child of
the alignment), and I want it to be allocated exactly the space it requested,
and not a pixel more, never. This works with the proposed construction unless
the drawing area shrinks and the alignment allocation remains fixed (if I
switch on reallocate_redraws or not). This might again be caused by the frame
in between. If I could resolve this issue, I could finally forget about my
gtkframe modifications. How?

Regards,

Carsten