Status of the Tree&List Widget in 1.3.x

Hi there,

my question is, how far from beeing completed is the new Tree and List Widget in GTK 1.3 ?
We want to create a Widget like GtkExtra with some additional Features
for Gtk2 based on this new one. Unfortunally there are many changes in every new release, e.g. the editable Cell Feature..

In the release notes is written that the code is mostly frozen. Can someone say, whether larger modifications are pending?

(I dont dare to ask for documentation ;)

Thanks,
    Andrè.