Re: GtkNotebook Sloppy Focus

> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:51:14 +0100
> From: Neil Bird <neil fnxweb com>
> Subject: Re: GtkNotebook Sloppy Focus
>
> Daniel Erat wrote:
>
> > I think that one way to do this would be something like the
> > following (this very well may have bugs... I haven't tested it, but
> > it's similar to some of the code that I'm using for draggable tabs):
> >
> > gtk_widget_add_events (notebook, GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK);
>
>   I don't know about that; I though 'motion' events represented
>   mouse-drags with buttons held down, not 'mere' random mouse
>   movements.

Could be; it's entirely possible I'm wrong. :)  In Galeon's draggable
tabs code, the motion handler is only connected after the notebook
receives a button_down event, so I don't know if it would work
otherwise.

>    Could you not attach a 'show-my-page' callback to each tab (the
>    same routine, working on the passed in tab ptr) using the
>    'focus-in' event?
>
>    'focus-in' may not be the one you want - you'd have to check.

I think enter-notify-event is what you mean, but I don't know if this
will work.  Each tab is probably just a label, which doesn't have its
own window, so I don't think it will receive these signals.

Daniel