"async reply" error from Xlib in gtk

hi,
I am developing an application using GTK+, Glade in which I am using
threads. Application is used to collect the data from the hardware and
display it in graphical form. Threads are used to collect the data and
display it using graphical representation.

When application is executing, application gives the error message on
terminal after few minutes "Xlib: unexpected async reply(0xXXXX)" where
XXXX is any hex number. After that application stucks and doesn't
reply.....mostly, main application thread is stucked and user created
thread keeps running..so that collection of data from hardware and updation
of graph keeps on. but due to problem in main thread, other user interface
(Menu/Toolbar) is not working functionally and cannot be refresh.

In the solution of this problem, I came to know that this error comes due
to async call to Xlib from thread...for this GTK functions need to be lock
and unlock in thread/functions from thread....

Even gtk_main also needs to be thread safe.. I tried this one and put
gtk_threads_enter / gtk_threads_leave for every gtk functions.
now this give lot of help, system keeps on running for many hours, but
sometime it crashes after few hours, now it's time is totally random..

Regards,
Jignesh Shah
Software Engineer,
ETT (Embedded and Telecom Technologies),
Contech Software Ltd.
E-3/1,2,3, GIDC Electronics Estate,Sector - 25, Gandhinagar - 382 044,
INDIA
Tel : (Office )+91(2712) 44989/43324/43328, (R) :+91 - (79) - 6641467
Email : jigneshs contechsoftware com , shahjigneshm hotmail com,
shahjigneshm yahoo com
CompanyURL : http://www.contechsoftware.com