Re: CList DnD/selection "format" broken?

>> is this another one of those "oh yeah, CList is totally broken, use
>> 1.3/2.0" type errors
>
>Got it in one. (Well, at least for something complicated like
>trying to drag and drop from a clist to elsewhere. You can
>look at the gmc code if you want to see how someone managed
>to get this working with sufficient hacks.)

pardon my french, but f*ck. i can't possibly move to 1.3/2.0 at this
time, and i'm also not sure how to get by with clist-drag-n-drop which
i'd rather do without hacks. oh well. while i'm here though, why does
gtk_selection_request() insist

   g_return_val_if_fail ((data.format >= 8) && (data.format % 8 == 0), FALSE);

? the restriction makes no sense to me.

--p