Re: [gtk] GTK on memory framebuffer?

"Random User" <g11fhnag001 sneakemail com> writes:
> Can gtk act on a pure bitmap/framebuffer image (defined only as a
> data structure), or does it need to act on the actual devices of
> display?  If it can operate on a raw image, we can easily do some
> blitting back and forth between two bitmaps kept in memory; the one
> not being displayed is the one modified, until it gets swapped with
> the currently displayed bitmap.  Is this possible with Gtk?  This
> would allow us to use Gtk for our development for the demo, and
> allow us to keep the overall architecture for the post-demo
> development.

The GTK 1.3.x devel snapshots have a framebuffer backend. At the
moment this requires the Linux framebuffer device (/dev/fb0) but it's
just treating that as a block of memory, it doesn't use any
hardware/device features. It should be trivial to modify in order to
retarget any block of pixels in memory.

Havoc