Re: List Item Background?

Evan Van Dyke wrote:

I am working on an application where I wish the background color
for a GtkListItem to be different from the background color of the
GtkList.  I have tried setting the bg/base fields of the GtkListItem
but this doesn't appear to help.  Needless to say most of the widgets
I am packing into the gtkListItem are Labels(which don't draw their
own background).  Is there any way to give each ListItem its own
background color?  Thanks.

As a further clarification on this, I am filling the list with widgets

not text, which is why it wasn't originally implemented as a CList.
It is my impression that it is not possible to stick arbitrary widgets
into the cells of a CList.  Therefore, it is(currently) a List.

Hi Evan, an easy way to do this is to put each GtkLabel widget into a GtkEventBox. This makes each one have a separate window, so you can set the background colour for each one in the way you'd set any background colour (you could specify the colours in a .gtkrc file, for example).

On the downside, this will be rather slow for large lists, but maybe that's not a problem.

John