Multiple File Selection Widgetet?

I've been playing with what I have to do to get a file selection
widget to allow multiple files to be selected.  It's not pretty.  The
basic problem is easy: change the file_list child widget to
GTK_SELECTION_EXTENDED and add a couple of callbacks to keep track of
select-row and unsetect-row events.  The ugly part is that the
directory information is kept in internal structs which are only
accessible to the class because they are declared inside gtkfilesel.c
(of course, for my testing, that didn't keep me from copying them into
my code...).

I'm thinking of hacking together a variant of GtkFileSelection (maybe
GtkExtFileSelection) that will provide a a function to return a GList
of the selected files.  Given that I've never messed with GTK until a
couple of weeks ago, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a widget that
will already allow multiple file selection or if there are plans to do
this in GTK+ 2.0 (I didn't see anything in the API documentation to
make me think so).

roland
--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland rlenter com                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B