Re: Gtkglarea problems

Stephan Stapel wrote:

> Hello!
>
> This morning I installed the GtkGLArea on my linux machine (suse 7, krnl
> 2.2xx, nvidia glx drivers 0.96). However, on my home machine, this widget works
> really fine, but here, when trying to run the examples, I always get the
> following error message:
>
> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-version.c: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
> Assertion `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!
>
> As I'm quite new to the Linux enviromnment, I don't know how to react to
> this error message?
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hi,
I have encounter this problem.
I don't know why, but you have to change the order that the dynamic
linker
search his library (Probably, because you have the same library twice).
This can be done, by editing the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and change the
line
order. If you system doesn't have (or doesn't use /etc/ld.do.conf).
I think you use the var LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So you should redefine it
Hope this help,
--
Florent DEVIN, 33 (0)3 20 43 47 30, Fax (33) (0)3 20 43 65 66 (Fax LIFL)
LIFL, Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de LILLE