Focus control problems

I have read all the mailing lists about gtk and I have found a lot of
questions similar to the mine,  but the answers I have found doesn't
work for me.

The problem is:

a) I have a GtkEntry which I want to validate. If I do
gtk_grab_focus(gtkentry) in the focus_out_event of that entry, It
doesn't work, the focus pass to the next control (perhaps because the
focus_out_event is already executing), . I have tried
connect_signal_after, but neither.

I would like that someone make me sure that this is possible (with a
little example), so I realize that the problem is not of gtk but of the
rest of my code.

b) When I press a button to cancel a dialog while the focus is in that
GtkEntry, I don't want that GtkEntry to validate (execute the focus_out
event). How can I achieve this?

Thans a lot in advance