Custom font when locale is not iso-8859-1

Hi,

i found a strange behavior of gtk when using locale settings for a non
iso-8859-1 language.

In my case I specify LC_CTYPE=sk_SK so I'm able to use Slovak keyboard.
But when I do this, gtk will read /etc/gtk/gtkrc.sk which is linked to
/etc/gtk/gtkrc.iso-8859-2. This contains specifications for fonts to
use. But whatever font is set in $HOME/.gtkrc it will not be used at
all.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be this way but I hope not. I think the
system should be working like this:

First of all gtk should be concerned with LC_MESSAGES only! Any other
LC_XXX settings are not important because they have no connection with
fonts that gtk uses. In my case I have only LC_CTYPE secified cuz I just
need to use Slovak keyboard but everything else I expect in English.
Still, gtk will go for /etc/gtkrc.sk for no real reason.

If LC_MESSAGES is set to a non iso-8859-1 setting then gtk will verify
that custom font specified by user is of the same charset. If it's not
then gtk would try to get the same font with the required charset. And
only if this fails it would use the font specified in /etc/gtkrc.xy

Roman