Re: Regarding pixmap

From: Jyothi <jyothi ncoretech com>

> Hi,
>
>   The problem I am facing is , I create a drawable area using
> gtk_drawing_area_new and gtk_drawing_area_size and send it to some other
> function to create a pixmap and draw pixmap in that area...
> it is giving the error ..

You're confusing two completely different objects. A GtkDrawingArea
is a widget class which is available for the development of widgets
which need a window and a basic realize() function. A GdkDrawable
is a base class for GdkWindow and GdkPixmap. You probably want
to call gdk_pixmap_new() or something like that.

> assertion 'drawable != NULL'  failed...

This means you're not really "sending it to some other function"
properly. You're passing a NULL argument for the drawable,
and it's failing.

> Can anybody please let me know when this error comes and how to put the
> pixmap into drawing area....

If you're just trying to display a pixmap, you should be using
GtkPixmap (under 1.2) or GtkImage (under 2.0). For 1.2, the tutorial
on www.gtk.org has details on how to use GtkPixmap.

Ron Steinke