Re: X-connection after a fork

Conrad Steenberg wrote:
> Because the X-server is not reentrant and requires a separate connection
> for each thread/process, unless you use the locking stuff in glib (for
> threads).
I'll need to spawn processes, too.
I thought I could do something like fork()ing a spawner process BEFORE
gtk_init, then via IPC tell it which programs / functions to run.
Obv. every spawned program / function must be written as a standalone
program, whith (if needed) the proper gtk_init stuff...
It's not the most elegant thing to do, but it's the only I could think
of...

But before writing all that, I think I'll have a look at Gimp plugins...

BYtE,
 Diego.