Concerning CLists and modifying their selection behavior

Hello all!
	I'm making a compound widget that consists of two CLists, and
two buttons.  The buttons move the data the user selected in one clist
to the other.  I decided to implement drag and drop, and everything
works, but the way the drag and drop works isn't intuitive.  I have
the selection modes of the CLists set to GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE, but
when the user clicks a list item in one list, and doesn't release the
button, the list item only has the focus box around it, and it isn't
selected.  The user must do a full click, which isn't intuitive with
drag and drop.  I tried using GTK_SELECTION_EXTENDED, but that wasn't
what I wanted, as when the user clicks an item when there is an item
already selected, without holding down any modifier keys, the first
selection becomes unselected.
	  I tried making simple callbacks for button pressed events
and button released events and connecting them after all other
callbacks, and taking the x and y value of the event and selecting the
row that that x,y pair was in, but this yielded strange results (it
seemed to work at first, but then it would drop rows that I didn't
select, which is most likely a fault of mine)
	What would the best way to implement selecting a list item on
the mouse button pressed event instead of the default mouse button
released?

--

Sincerely,
Caleb Land

---
Email: bokonon rochester rr com

AIM:   RedHatDude
ICQ:   8358400

GnuPG/PGP Public Key: finger me at "caleb deepthought granfalloon com"
                      and read my .plan.
---