Re: "Features" in Gtk

On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 23:40:52 -0600,
Count Zero <countzero@cyberdeck.org> wrote:
> We have gtk_wdget_set_usize() but no gtk_widget_get_usize() (Yes I know
> that you can use gdk_window_get_size, but that doesn't always work for
> every widget.) This makes it very hard to save the positions of things
> like vpaned and hpaned windows. (Something the users of my application
> are begging for.)

You can connect to the size_allocate signal of the top or left
widget in a vpaned or hpaned window. In the callback,
allocation.height (vpaned) or allocation.width (hpaned) will be
the value you would use in a call to gtk_paned_set_position().

This may not be the right way, but it works. :)

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now.
 Buy. And be happy."
--OMM (THX 1138)

PGP signature