RE: GtkCanvas?

> "Arjan J. Molenaar" <A.J.Molenaar@xirion.nl> writes:
> > It's on the wishlist for GTK+ 2.0...
> >

> It is, but it isn't going to happen. 2.2, maybe.

Has anybody thought about the requirements for such a canvas?
Or should it be just a "backport of GnomeCanvas"?

I'm asking this mainly because I'm currently hacking on a new canvas
for DIA (dia-newcanvas),, which needs a canvas too. There are many
objections against the GnomeCanvas (mainly 'cause you need GNOME
for that), but creating a custom canvas from scratch is not the
solution IMHO, since dia-newcanvas is quite specialized to the needs
of DIA users.

Regards,

Arjan