Scrollbar issue

Hai,

When I try to attach a signal handler to the "motion" signal of a
GtkVScrollbar
(which is a signal that the GtkVScrollbar inherits from GtkRange)
I get errors at run-time which basically say that the "motion" signal
does not
exist:

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_connect(): could not find signal "motion" in
the `GtkVScrollbar' class ancestry

To connect the signal I am using the following piece of code :
(where csv_scroll is of type GtkVScrollbar and csv_page_scroll_motion is
the signal handler and pagedata is a pointer to a struct)

gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (csv_scroll),
			    "motion",
			    GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (csv_page_scroll_motion),
			    pagedata);

Now I am wondering why it gives the error, because if you browse the
header files there clearly is a "motion" signal
in GtkRange.....

I am using GLIB and GTK+ versions 1.2.6.

Yours sincerely,

Almer. S. Tigelaar.
almer1@dds.nl